Sunday, October 22, 2006

I am still the same...
I have an exam tomorrow, its a take home test.... people not familiar with the education system in the US would be wondering what it would be.
I am from India, where I spent 22 years of my life... out of which 16-18 years was spent in education.... Well starting from my pre kindergarten to my Bachelors in Engg... I never had a take home test or open book test or any of that sort. Back in India it was the regular type of straight forward test, a closed book one where you had to memorise your classwork and write for your exam. Obviously we would be given a couple of days for preparation as "study leave" of which the first few days would be spent thinking that "Oh whats the big need to start early, I am good and sure I can make it up for this lost time.." Then there would be days gazing at the syllabus (oh for our undergrad we had a fixed syllabus to be followed thoroughout the University, unless the University decides to revise it) as to where to start studying... Then there would be days where I would be, "Oh my god!!! I really have to start studying now, or else my life will be screwed..." Then one fine day, I would be in the exam hall, not even realising how time had gone by so fast, and I sit there wishing I had studied a little more... Ok enuf said about those. God Willingly, I completed that with much difficulty and successfully (Yes I did it successfully) and here I am "an aspiring student in the United States of America for my Masters in Civil Engineering, MSCE", the usual stuff, writing GRE, TOEFL, preparing for the SOP and Recos, and finally in my 3rd semester of my MS, yada yada yada....
Oh where did I start this blog? My exam; well, the professor had given us 15 days to complete. It does not mean that if it is 15 days, I need to keep preparing for the exam for all those 15 days, its just that tomorrow I have to turn it in, and he had given us enough time to complete it. Now its just less than 36 hours and I better get started, I am still confident that it just needs a couple of hours as I have done some research, collecting information over the internet and reading about the topic, but the most difficult part is putting it as a 2-page report. Oops its getting late and I am a bit tensed. Even though the exam pattern is different, I am still the same, a last minute study girl...

No comments: