Monday, January 08, 2007

To all inquisitive friends!!!

Inquisitive:- Defined as
1. given to inquiry, research, or asking questions; eager for knowledge; intellectually curious
2. unduly or inappropriately curious; prying.

So why the definition and what is this all about. Well, this is in connection to my most recent cause of worry or rather frustration. It all started with Orkut.... So, what about it? Orkut is a wonderful community as in it helped me get my old school mates, friends from 1st standard, long lost neighbors or aquaintances whom I would have never got to meet if not for this wonderful online community linking people by common interest. I cannot think of any possible chance of meeting half of these people if not for orkut. But then all attractions bring trouble in many forms.

Whoever I meet after a long gap want to know my latest whereabouts, and thats an apt claim too. Of course thats what friends are meant to be, ask about the wellbeing of their old friends. But something I dont understand. What makes people so inquisitive? Why they want to know everything about me, my present occupation, my marital status and personal questions even beyond this. If there's something I want to make public, I'll do it. And if there's something that I have to announce I'll do it. Thats an advantage of the internet and the orkut community, but questions even beyond that is what I dont understand. I dont want to entertain strangers, there's a big difference between those of whom I call friends and mere aquaintances.

Well coming to think of it in the end, who am I to change the world? What I preach is not going to make a difference in anyone else, nor the attitude of people. The world's a stage and I'm just an actor in it, a poor little irritated girl trying to convince...

No comments: